Thread: Typing in Thai language

Beans

Typing in Thai language

I have been able to find the solutions to this problem I had so I don't need any further help with it.
    --------

I would like to use OpenOffice Writer to type up documents using the Thai language. I have a Titanium II Powerbook with the PowerPC processor running at about 700 Mhz on a HD with more than 25 Gb of space. I have installed EdgyEft (Ubuntu ver 6.10) on it. The system works well.

I see that the fonts directory has a directory with the name "Thai". Inside are several sets of fonts that with names that lead me to believe that they are indeed Thai TrueType fonts. My real question at this point is how to change the keyboard so that I can type Thai into documents. I haven't found anything in any document that tells me how to change the keyboard so that I can use these fonts to type documents other than by using the Font Mapping program that comes with the distribution to copy and past individual combinations into a document. This is an impractical way to type up a document. Thanks for any comments that will help solve this problem for me.
    GenEdTeacher
    Last edited by ElemEdTchr; July 15th, 2008 at 09:32 PM.

Beans

Re: Typing in Thai language

It's great that you fixed the problem for yourself... could you share how you managed to fix it? I'm having some difficulty sorting this out.

Beans

Re: Typing in Thai language

Thread closed.

Try creating a fresh thread of your own, referecning this one if need be. Responding to threads more than a year old is likely to result in a thread closure.